Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how do i make a realistic truck bed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gasshead

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-01-09

how do i make a realistic truck bed Empty
PostSubject: how do i make a realistic truck bed   how do i make a realistic truck bed Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2007, 22:39

hey guys,

i asked this on rccrawler. but it got off topic really quick. the best advise i got was to use styrine. Do any of you know if i can use balsa, that stufff can be really strong, once you cover it in epoxy. i would like it to be as realistic as possible. Oh if this changes any thing i am useing the '50s panel truck body. i would likt to incoproriate the fuel tank into my design, because thats where my electronics are.

thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a realistic truck bed   how do i make a realistic truck bed Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2007, 23:12

Styrene is really easy to work with. It is pretty soft and easy to cut. Can be found at most any hobby shop that carries train and plane supplies. I think that would be the best bet. I have used it on some of my builds. I have made bed covers and other panels out of it.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
gasshead

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a realistic truck bed   how do i make a realistic truck bed Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2007, 23:26

thanks brandon. that helps, but what do i use to peice it together? and how do i mount it to the body?

thanks again
Back to top Go down
trucknut

trucknut

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a realistic truck bed   how do i make a realistic truck bed Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 23:15

Go to your craft store and find silver model paint and use an old paint brush to paint scratches in the bed, or buy some flat black acrylic paint and mix it with a little bit of dry sand to give it that gritty look and paint that in your bed to give it a spray in bed linner. A spare tire or some junk in the bed is a nice touch too but be careful, to much weight in the rear will cause it to flip on steep inclines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a realistic truck bed   how do i make a realistic truck bed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do i make a realistic truck bed
Page 1 of 1