Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

brushless power!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
revin9k
revin9k

Male Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2007-01-04

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jan 2007, 22:57

hey guys i wanted to talk about brushless motors. i was looking at maxbusta's and a few other peoples ride on rcc and i saw they were using a outrunner but it wasent the typicial holems hobbies hyperion . they were using a park 400 outrunner. how simualr is this motor to the hh hobbies outrunners in power and price etc? can it bolt right up? from what i can see it looks like it uses the 5mm pinions like the hh hobbies outrunners. i was just wondering if this would be a cheaper alternative to the outrunners holems sells. any info you guys have would be great thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
renoirbud
renoirbud

Male Number of posts : 865

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jan 2007, 23:26

Hey there

The Homes Revolvers Gen I bolted up with stock holes and had a stock 1/8th shaft.

The new Gen II appear to have a 3 mm shaft (.2 mm shy of 1/8th) and need an adapter plate to work with the standard 28 mm (540 size) mounting pattern.

I have some Gen I motors and love them. I do also have some 400 outrunners that I have not tried yet because I have not had the time to make an adapter plate. I do not know if the 400s have the same usable torque, but the revolver Gen I can snap a transmission on command.

I hope this helps a little, maybe someone who is running a Gen II revolver can comment.
Back to top Go down
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

Male Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-01-02

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jan 2007, 23:56

I had to make a plate to mount my Park 400 in the stealth gearbox. Nothing elaborate not all that pretty either. It has a standard shaft which I had to flip to change mounting ends. I havent been able to truely test it. I have had one of my plane esc's on it and it seems to have lots of power and the curve is very linear. More testing will tell. I'll try to keep my post updated with any new news. If you want any specs on this motor hit me up I'll get them for you. I have 4 brushless motors and this one is one of the stronger ones.
Back to top Go down
revin9k
revin9k

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jan 2007, 00:59

cool thanks for the good info guys! i also have a gen 1 holmes revolver and i love it. but this is also my first crawler and ive never tried any of the "brushed crawler motors" like the lathe motors. but from what i saw from other people that had lathe moters i have a lot more power! hey renoirbud what it ure gearing. if you dont mind sharing. i have mine at 13/87 and its pretty slow but it has tons of torque almost too much. i lift the front tires when i get on it. i saw that some people have their outrunners geared at somthing like 18 or 19t pinion and a 81t spur. i orderd a 15 tooth and the only other spur i have is a 79 tooth. if i went 15/79 would that be the same as 13/87 ? i dont know the gear ratio conversion so if you guys could help that would be great.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jan 2007, 03:21

hey

I switched my Pede tranny to 32 pitch gears and I run 12/66 with the outrunner, but I will likely have to go 10/66 with the 400 size motors.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-01-03

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jan 2007, 20:36

renoirbud wrote:
hey

I switched my Pede tranny to 32 pitch gears and I run 12/66 with the outrunner, but I will likely have to go 10/66 with the 400 size motors.

Why did you switch to 32 pitch gears? There are less ratio options with the 32 pitch. Just curious on your reasoning behind it. I actually switched to 64 pitch. Gives me many more options for gearing.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
renoirbud
renoirbud

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jan 2007, 08:13

Hey Brandon

The 32 P gears are stronger and with a Gen I revolver and a good battery the gear ratio really does not matter as much as with a lathe motor.

The 64 p will be nice and quiet, but good luck if you get some dirt in there and descent size grain of sand will strip your gears because it pushes the pinion out of the mesh depth.

But 32 P is less efficient and make more noise.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-01-03

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jan 2007, 20:49

I have had good luck with my 64p gears. Actually running them in the BB-51 scaler.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
revin9k
revin9k

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jan 2007, 01:58

does anyone know the formula for finding your gear ratio? its been a long time but i think it was somthing like pinion x spur divided by somthing? please help a brotha out. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

brushless power!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: brushless power!!   brushless power!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brushless power!!
Page 1 of 1