Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Website and domain name

Go down 
+4
kwsmith29
Rockshow
renoirbud
BrandO
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-01-03

Website and domain name Empty
PostSubject: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 19:32

Do we want to continue. I recently renewed the hosting for our website. But it doesn't really seem like anyone is using it. Now the domain is set to expire. Do we want or need to renew our domain name?

So here is the question, do we want to continue?

If you ask me we could get by with just a message board. If we discontinue our hosting we won't be able to keep this one the way it is. But that is not really a big issue. A new message board can be set up rather easy.

Since this stuff is still in my control. And I have still be paying for it. You guys need to tell me what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 19:41

Figured I would add. The website hosting is costing us $100 per year. And the domain renewal is $20 I think. Seems like a lot for something we are not really using. It seemed like a good idea when we set it up. But we have not really used the features we paid for.

Figured everyone would like to know the expenses involved.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

Male Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 21:46

I am ok with just posting stuff on RCcrawler.

Does anyone else feel the need for this webpage?
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 21:50

There are plenty of free message boards we can get. I can get a new one started if that is what we decide. But it doesn't make much sense paying for something we don't use.
Back to top Go down
Rockshow
Rockshow

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 23:02

I'm fine with rccrawler.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 07:05

Well the domain has expired. And our message board is still working. I can set up a new message board. Then send a group email exsplaining the change. And a link to the new one. We will have to make sure to change all our links.
Back to top Go down
kwsmith29
kwsmith29

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 21:24

Looks like there not much choice. Is it to late to renew the domain name? I guess it doesn't matter as long as we still have somewhere to post.

Please allow me to pose a question? How many active club members do we still have? People who are actually going to come out support the club and crawl. I need people to respond to this. It's time we rethink things. The addition of the Sport class has been great, something we can build on. Dose any want to do anymore building? Do we want to grow? Do we want to continue with the Carolina Rock Runners, or just blend in with another club. Personally, I want to grow this club. We have the ticket to the nationals, we have the established club. We need to get together and rethink our situation. Replan the schedule for the remainder of the year. Plan some kind of Finals for our season and get next season planed. Is anyone interested? Who is willing to commit to help me/us do this thing. I be there every week and every event, but cant do this on my own. Please give input.

We have a free crawl scheduled for August 10 which is a Sunday. There has been some talk about crawling at Piolet Mnt. Is anyone interested in doing this for the free crawl. It would be a great time to get together and talk. Our next Comp is August 31 at the Bullhole. I vote we move this to The Dam in Statesville or Piolt Mnt if it suites what we need. We've already had two crawls at the Bullhole this year.

We also have an open invite to the Mud Devils Playground, if I'm correct. There are so many rocks there we haven't even been on. We need to plan and carry through with a Finals or a Championship Crawl there.

Is anyone with me?

On a different subject.

I spoke with Randy again this evening. He will be getting back with me this weekend with remaining funds from the first part of the year and club membership monies. I know there has been t-shirts bought, a grill purchased, I think something paid on the web site, and a table. Randy has been working on someone to make logos and print the logos on them for the club. I think this needs to be put on hold. We have the logo info somewhere. Dose anyone know? We need to stop and acces funds and decide which direction to go. As far as I'm concerned no one person no longer runs this club. It is a joint effort. I have a lot of ideas, as I'm sure everyone else dose. Lets get together.....

Please give me input. Everybody....
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 21:30

hey Wade

I am going to Pilot Mtn on Sunday. If the site is good, I was going to recommend moving the next comp to there. I will know Sunday night.

About the future of the club. I would like to see it continue. You know I am in for organizing, building etc...

Rene
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 21:42

I will have to disagree on one of your points Wade.

"As far as I'm concerned no one person no longer runs this club."

While it takes more than one person to run the club. It also needs a leader. One person to make the final decision. One person to organize everyones ideas. It can be run as a comittee to a point. But in the end it needs a bottom line guy.

Right now the club is having some trouble. But I do think it can be fixed and reorganized.

Let's face it. We have more than one club here in NC now. We can work together. Or we can battle for members and comp entrants. I plan to compete with them this weekend. And I will invite them to compete with us next time. I am sure Rene and Mike will do the same.

All we can do is work hard together. Comunicate better, get the word out about our club and our comps. And make it fun for everyone.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 21:44

Hey Brandon;

You want to be that leader?
Back to top Go down
RaleighRCer

Male Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 21:54

I agree with Wade and Rene, I would hate to see CRR just end.
Website or not, we need to keep this club alive. Just look at how many people have been at most of the comps. I think we need to work with other clubs as well.
I do think that there was just a small leadership issue which is being taken care of. We just need some people to step up.

If I can help keep CRR alive, let me know how.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 22:04

Hey Tim;

Thanks for your input.

Brandon;

I see your point, but I am respectfully going to disagree. The last comp is a typical example, Mike and I were in Ohio and Wade still put on a comp. Had Mike or I been the sole leader, the comp would not have happened. Just like Randy cancelled comps, because there was no one else to run them, when he did not feel like it, or was too busy.

Mike,Wade and I thought long and hard about this lead by comittee thing, and it works, because mutiple interest are represented.

As for moving forward, the back log of bullshit needs to be cleared up. How can we possibly request for anyone to contribute to to the club financially or their time, if the club assest are un accounted for and all club members are owed Tshirts and the top people are owed awards.

I do not like or dislike Randy, there are many people in the club that know him much better then I do. Until he steps up and makes the cash available or states what happened to it, the club can not grow.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 22:29

renoirbud wrote:
Hey Brandon;

You want to be that leader?

No, not at this time. I have been far to removed from the club lately.

Rene, we can agree to disagree on this point. That is fine. A group will not agree 100% of the time. I have seen "lead by comittee" fail in multiple situations. I am simply going my experience. From clubs, business, to race teams it is always the same. In a crunch you need someone to look to for answers.

I do agree that you need a core group willing to take the reins when needed. I am saying the bottom line guy is needed more for direction of the club decisions. Things like where to spend money. Like I said you need input from the group. But in the end in my opinion someone needs to say "ok, we are going to do it this way". That is how I tried to run the club from the start. Always tried to take that all important imput from our members. But then said based on the popular vote we are going to do things this way.

I think we need to turn over a new leaf. Start a new message board. Become more structured. And comunicate, comunicate, comunicate.
Back to top Go down
kwsmith29
kwsmith29

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 00:43

Brandon wrote
"I think we need to turn over a new leaf. Start a new message board. Become more structured. And communicate,, communicate."

I agree.....

As to if we need or don't need one person to make critical decisions;

Maybe instead of a president we need three or four officers to make the critical decisions.

Or another idea I ran past Randy at one time was to have a president and have class directors. One for 2.2 comp, Sport, Super, scale ect. Then run as a committee.

Either way, club input is needed and if sensible the majority should rule. In the case of canceling or moving comps the club as a whole should give input also and either a board or some kind of official should decide after input is given. As far as funds I believe there should be a viewable thread showing how much was taken in and what's goes out and where it goes out to, or we need to elect a treasurer to handle all of this. I'm not sure, just thinking out loud. I've said this before, The only thing I know for sure is no one person should have to try to run this by themselves.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 10:38

Hey Brandon;

I think we mostly agree. Even if it is a lead by commitee, the commitee needs one person that is responsible to tie up all the loose ends. And a person that club members can approach.

That person is me right now. As for treasurer, its easiest for Wade to take that on (if he is willing).

As for clean slate start, are we supposed top ferget the cash we put into the club this year?
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 23:11

renoirbud wrote:

As for clean slate start, are we supposed top ferget the cash we put into the club this year?

I agree this needs to be cleared up.
Back to top Go down
kwsmith29
kwsmith29

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008, 18:19

I spoke with Randy again today. We have about $150 in cash remaining and a box of unprinted t-shirts. Randy will be bring these item by to me this week. He has been very busy with life and return to crawling in the near future.

Brandon will you or can you sent an email to all regesitered on our website and give them the short cut to the remaining message board so we can get input and advise all as to whats going on. I don't think everyone knows what to do to still access the website.

How was Pilot Mnt? Is it woth a visit?
Back to top Go down
Rockshow
Rockshow

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008, 19:02

Pilot Mt was great!
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2008, 23:00

Rockshow wrote:
Pilot Mt was great!

Pilot Mtn. was the best place I have ever crawled besides Pointes West in Augusta. I love the location for the summer comps.

I am in. Thanks for the chance. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://carolinarockrunners.com/
hvydty1
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hvydty1

Male Number of posts : 220
Occupation : Map man, short order chef, underpaid traveler, cereal killer

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2008, 00:20

Hey guys, sorry Carolina Rock Runners name was lost. I'd voice an opinion, but I've been so far removed for so long that I don't think it should count for much. And things don't look like I can come back anytime soon. I know I said I was going to Quit my job a while back, but things straightend out and started looking good. And then I got blind sided by an arrogant butt of a branch manager. Looks like my crawling days are over indefinately. I don't even know my status in the club anymore. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to try and help any way I can, But unless someone has a job for a CDL driver, I'm officially bowing out of the crawling scene. I even foresee selling Dees rig and the Unfinished scaler in the near future, so if anyone is interested, PM me. Everyone, I consider yall friends, Yes even you Rene, LOL! Na, your all good people, I learned alot about friendship. The Caison family misses you guys, Maybe in the future, when things straighten out, we'll meet again. Till then, I'll withdraw from any votes and discussions that effect the club. I feel that that's the only fair course of action.

Vio condios mun chicos. Crawl em hard, and dial out reverse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com/
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 22:58

im like hvyd a club member but not able to go to every event... its on an average of 5 hr ride for me to run with you guys... ive had some prob.. lately and had to sell out anyways....

my 2 cents if you would like to hear its... is agreeing with brando the club need a leader one person.. to make the final decisions for the club to advance... a group or comette would work as long as theres one person to over say everyone else... everyone is not goin to agrre all the time.. thats life... you will need a leader to make the final decision.... marcus

sorry i havent been around to talk HELLO EVERYONE
Back to top Go down
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 22:32

hello board just weeing if it works lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Website and domain name   Website and domain name Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Website and domain name
Page 1 of 1