Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

East Coast Challenge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
renoirbud
renoirbud

Male Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2007-01-04

East Coast Challenge Empty
PostSubject: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 09:05

Hey all;

I am driving to the challenge at noon today, I should arrive in Murphy at 4 PM. Mike will be there this evening. Marcus lives near the event and Doug is using his house a base.

There is some bad weather rolling in so we may need to have some water proof jackets hats, etc...

Its cool that we have 4 people and 5 trucks representing NC (Doug is the only one bringing his Super, my is still in pieces on my bench)
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 19:13

I am in Murphy. Not sure where everyone else is.

Call me 484-888-2362
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 23:33

Mike is making me cheat;

He made me clean my tires, and put locktite on stuff.
Back to top Go down
brokeass4runner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 01:18

renoirbud wrote:
Mike is making me cheat;

He made me clean my tires, and put locktite on stuff.

Nice. Did you decide on what tires to run?
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 07:50

Same as when you saw the truck last.

We just got up and will go to tech check at 9 AM. Marcus and Doug will meet us at the comp.

Then I am going MT biking.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 08:36

hey all;

The event was great yesterday. Very well run, tons of great drivers. The courses were appropriate.

Marcus hooked us up with some burgers after the 2.2 class, thanks for that.

My 2.2 performed well enough, I just had some electronics problems.

Mike was happy with his 2.2 until he drove Kamakaze's 2.2 (OCM), now he will not shut up about that rig.

Doug's 2.2 performed well, but he feels his driving could have been better. Doug did tear up his Super, and ended up getting the dead last award.

Marcus looked like he was having fun.
Back to top Go down
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 13:55

i had a blast it was a great comp alot of awsome drivers.. RENE not prob.. on the burgers man... it was cool to run with you all close to me lol.. marcus
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 11:08

I am back at work and had some time to think about the event.

It was awsome, lots of great driving, a couple small electrical fires (not my stuff), some wheel hexes stripped (mainly Doug), and hard courses.

Once again I have learned a bunch of stuff, I believe that I had a shoot at the top five if I would have driven one gate better on course 1, and not had the electrical problem on course 3 (front axle cut out). But the best in the country were there and any mistake cost you lots of spots.

The OCM/Newage axles appear to be the setup to have, but A-main hobbies is the only outlet for them. We were told at the comp that they will be more readily available in the future and that a Axle kit will be available. Maybe they even seel the axle kit with proper wheels for the comp setup.
Back to top Go down
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 11:40

hears a few pics

East Coast Challenge 102_1328
East Coast Challenge 102_1333
East Coast Challenge 102_1337
East Coast Challenge 102_1343
East Coast Challenge 102_1437
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 11:55

hey Marcus,

Nice pics, you got my bug at one of the hardest gates of the whole comp, LOL. (I got lucky and made it past that one)
Back to top Go down
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 11:57

yea some how i did to i got a pic of mine at the same gate lol... i put a few in the tcs forum aswell hope you didnt mind man..... marcus
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 11:58

That cool, post pics everywhere.
Back to top Go down
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 12:00

i gave doug all the pics he said he would email them to u if you want them marcus
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 15:28

The 2.2 Scores are up in more detail;

13th me (120 points) (32, 35, 3, DNS)

27th Marcus (153 points) (37, 38, 28, DNS)

37th Mike (158 points) (37, 37, 34, DNS)

52nd Doug (166 points) (39, 40, 37, DNS)

Total 55 drivers max score 200 points.

I am pleased with the result, course three was the third best score on that course, course 1 I made a mistake, course 2 I ran out of battery.
Back to top Go down
RaleighRCer

Male Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 19:46

Sounds like you guys did great. Congrats to the 4 of you. Helps to show how great our club is.
Back to top Go down
Truggies

Truggies

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2008, 12:17

Looks as if you guys had a good time at the Comp. I'm new here and I'm looking to compete in some (not so far to go to compete) comps. I live in Wilson NC And my 2 sons and I all have Axial Ax10's with what I feel are good setups. We do quite a bit of crawling at a place called Battlepark in Rocky Mt. NC about 20 miles from the house. It looks a lot like the place in the pics in the the previous post. Lots of stuff to do there. Keep us in mind we love crawl'en its new for us but we have been in RC for over 25 yrs and have been racing RC's for almost as long. Look forward to getten together. I'm also throwing around the idea of building a Super Class rig as well.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2008, 12:18

hey there

We need a couple more Supers.
Back to top Go down
Truggies

Truggies

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2008, 12:39

Our ax 10's work really well. So much so that some of the other fellas around here have reservation about crawling with us at times. But we do our homework and apply what we learn and it showes up on the rocks. Its just part of it for me and the boys. We love it. Just last Sunday 2 of the guys broke and I took parts off the truck we were not using and gave them the parts so they could keep crawl'en. Its all about comradely and hav'en fun to me. Glad a stumbled onto this place.

If you were going to build a Super what would it be. I have several ideas but it has'nt gone further than that.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2008, 13:13

That is a bees nest you a poking.

My Super has always been a Clod Based Rig. They are the best Super Axles. I have built an Emaxx based Super and it did well.

That being said, a 2.2 won the Super class at the East Coast Challenge. Two reasons, GateKeeper was the driver (best RC crawler in the country) and the course favoured smaller trucks.

I have a Clod Super right now, but I am not sure what direction I am going.
Back to top Go down
Truggies

Truggies

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 11:25

We have hijacked the thread. Could someone please move these last couple'a post to the appropriate thread. I want to talk about this some more.

Note to self... "Gatekeeper, man to beat." Best Crawler in the Country.

What kind of Super 2.2 does he run. Its a TLT based crawler I think. Seems like I seen this Cat over at RCC. Sorry for the Bad word there.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 14:08

Gate Keeper runs OCM/newage axles. Nolonger available. They will be sold as Berg 2.2 axles by enRoute in the future. I have no idea why what when etc...

Austin would have won the event wit TLT, ax10 or anyother axle. He is that good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Challenge   East Coast Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

East Coast Challenge
Page 1 of 1