Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which one should I build?

Go down 
+2
renoirbud
1976Thunder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1976Thunder

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Which one should I build? Empty
PostSubject: Which one should I build?   Which one should I build? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2008, 19:53

I think here is where I say hello. My real name is Shawn I live in Wilmington. I first got in to and out of RC off road about 13 years ago. Now I own a Traxxas rustler and a LST2. But the other day I started thinking about building a crawler I didn’t even know that people were already building them. A fast internet search and I found you guys. So here is what I want to know what is the best noob/someone that’s going to use it RC crawler. I have kind off been looking at the AX10 or maybe even a wheely king convert. Or should I just go with one of the hybrids and build my own from the ground up? Any help would be great and let me know what to stay away from as well.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

Male Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Which one should I build?   Which one should I build? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2008, 20:50

Just buy an AX-10 kit and add rosster crawler edition or an Mamba 25 ESC, a MG995 towerPro servo is good enough (A hitec 5945mg, 946 mg, or 645 MG is better).

And a remote with a third channel will help, the ne Spektrum 3r is very nice, butthere are many others. (I read that a Spektrum 3.0 is not great for crawlers)
Back to top Go down
RaleighRCer

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Which one should I build?   Which one should I build? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2008, 13:12

Buy the ax-10. With just a few minor mods it is a very good crawler. You will need to start looking for places to crawl though, most of the comps are closer to the mountains. My set-up right now is a 35 turn lathe motor, 21 tooth pinion, hitec 645 servo, TQ-3 to control it, and LRP waterproof esc with reverse.
Back to top Go down
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Which one should I build?   Which one should I build? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2008, 18:36

thats what i would do as well just buy a ax-10 marcus
Back to top Go down
Miller Time

Miller Time

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Which one should I build?   Which one should I build? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2008, 22:57

renoirbud wrote:
And a remote with a third channel will help, the ne Spektrum 3r is very nice, butthere are many others. (I read that a Spektrum 3.0 is not great for crawlers)

Just curious - what is it about the 3.0 that isn't good for crawlers? I have one and was planning on getting another receiver for my WK, should I look for something else? Is the third channel useful if you're not going with 4ws?
Back to top Go down
KrawlDaddy520
KrawlDaddy520

Male Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Which one should I build?   Which one should I build? Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2008, 01:11

It will work for comp rigs. You can use the 3rd channel for dig on a 2.2 or rear steer on a super. The only problem with the 3.0 is the 3rd channel has a 2 position switch instead of a 3 so using it for a winch on a scale rig is a little tricky. You have to use the sub trim to run the winch in and out. The older DX3's and the new 3R's have a 3 position switch to run it in and out with nuteral in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which one should I build?   Which one should I build? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which one should I build?
Page 1 of 1