Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1/10 Offroad Track

Go down 
+6
clodstall
HaPtOAD
BrandO
Rockrollin
renoirbud
hlpressley
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-01-02

1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 21:10

We will see tomorrow at the indoor track in Charlotte. There will most likely be around 20 buggies in the 4x4 Modified race consisiting of about 15 B44 and and four ZX5 and only one Losi XXX-4. scratch What does that say for Losi?

We have to have someone to finish last right? Twisted Evil

As far as the XXX-T goes I am pretty confident that I can take care of them with my T-4. Laughing

Bring your Losi trucks on out here to the house guys and we will put them to the test. I ain't skeerd. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://carolinarockrunners.com/
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 21:18

Where is that place Harold? Might have to go down and check it out one of these days. Do you know what they run for classes?

Like I told you, it is just the Ford and Chevy debate. When the xxx-4 came out it was pretty much all by itself. Couple guys ran the BJ4's. Now the B44 is the new latest and greatest thing. So everyone has to get one of those. I think a good driver can run just about anything on dirt.

Damb you and this talk of offroad racing. I am getting this funny itch. It burns when I pee. And I am getting an itchy Paypal finger. Before you know it I will be spending my weekends with a bunch of smelly guys. Standing there as a group yelling at little cars.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 21:20

hlpressley wrote:

Bring your Losi trucks on out here to the house guys and we will put them to the test. I ain't skeerd. Razz

Oh, it's on big boy. I will have to beat your T4 with my old faithful XXX-T.
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 21:27

BrandO wrote:
Where is that place Harold? Might have to go down and check it out one of these days. Do you know what they run for classes?

Like I told you, it is just the Ford and Chevy debate. When the xxx-4 came out it was pretty much all by itself. Couple guys ran the BJ4's. Now the B44 is the new latest and greatest thing. So everyone has to get one of those. I think a good driver can run just about anything on dirt.

Damb you and this talk of offroad racing. I am getting this funny itch. It burns when I pee. And I am getting an itchy Paypal finger. Before you know it I will be spending my weekends with a bunch of smelly guys. Standing there as a group yelling at little cars.

I love you man! lol!

Carolina's RC

7020-A Reames Rd.

Charlotte, NC 28216

1 888 RC CARS 8

Racing on Wednesday nights and Saturday.

1/10 Stock Truck
Chassis: 1/10 Offroad 2WD Stadium Truck
Motor: 27 turn Brushed or 13.5 Brushless
Batteries: NiMh/NiCd or LiPos, up to 7.4 volts
Tires: 2.2" truck tires
Qualifier Length: 6 min
Main Length: 7 min

1/10 Mod Truck
Chassis: 1/10 Offroad 2WD Stadium Truck
Motor: Any Brushed or Brushless 540/550 size

1/10 Stock 2WD Buggy
Chassis: 1/10 Offroad 2WD Buggy
Motor: 27 turn Brushed or 13.5 Brushless

1/10 Mod 2WD Buggy
Chassis: 1/10 Offroad 2WD Buggy

1/10 Mod 4WD Buggy
Chassis: 1/10 Offroad 4WD Buggy

Novice
Chassis: Any 1/10 Offroad Vehicle
Tires: 2.2" truck or buggy tires
Moving Up: (draft)For R/C beginners only! If a racer comes within 15% of the fastest laptimes (TBA), they must bump up to a standard class. CRC employees may move somebody to a standard class if they see that they are ready

Small Scale Open
Chassis: Any 1/16th scale or smaller 2WD or 4WD Offorad Vehicle
Motor: Any Brushed or Brushless 3xx size
Qualifier Length: 5 min
Main Length: 6 min

Check this forum out for all the latest, greatest, tech, race news, and smack talk. http://www.carolinasrc.com/forum/default.asp I haven't quite got brave enough to race with these guys yet but I am getting there. Come on out sometime and check it out. There is lots of Yankees there. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 21:30

BrandO wrote:
hlpressley wrote:

Oh, it's on big boy. I will have to beat your T4 with my old faithful XXX-T.

Just let me know when. I will be ready to take my ass whipping like a man. Razz

I also wanted to let you guys know that if we ever have another drought you can just build an outdoor RC track it will rain atleast every other day. Sad "Build it and it will come"
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 21:34

We will have lights on the track next week. I am tired of these rainy weekends and clear weekdays. We will be night racing in no time! bounce
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

Male Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 21:54

Hey Harold;

I when I get done doing the landscaping for my wife tomorrow, I am ripping out another 10ish trees to make my track a little widder, so that I can host too.

How much did you pay for the truck load of dirt?
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 23:07

$125 delivered

I am going to get a load of screened red dirt next week and he quoted me $175 for it. It is the same dirt but ran through a 1/2" screener prior to being delivered.

As for your track I say once you get done with yours and I get mine done we can run a circuit. Laughing We can race during the day at your place and at night at mine. Razz
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 23:15

I thought I would post a few pics of my stock class T4 sporting the Novak SS 13.5 Brushless System. Hope you guys don't mind. Let me know what you think........

1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 IMG_0651

1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 IMG_0654

1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 IMG_0652
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 23:33

OOOOOOOOhhhhh AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 23:34

are you going to race tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 23:51

NO, I have never been on that track up there yet. I was really hoping to be able to use my tack here at home to get familiar with all of this before I raced in Charlotte but that isn't going happen with all of the rain. I may man up and go up there Sunday afternoon to practice a little bit and then maybe, just maybe race Wednesday night.

I just talked to a buddy of mine who asked me to come check out the oval carpet track racing tomorrow in Salisbusy. I have been bugging him for awhile now to let me know when he is going to race and I would come along with him.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2007, 23:56

I want to do some racing. But I can't decide what way I want to go. Offroad dirt, dirt oval, or carpet oval. I have raced both offroad dirt and carpet oval. But never done any dirt oval racing. So not sure what I will end up getting into. Where is the place in Salisbury? Let me know if you go up.
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2007, 00:02

TRD Raceway & Hobbies

I can get you an address if you need it.

I am definately going to Salisbury to the carpet track tomorrow for sure. You are more than welcome to come along if you would like. It will be me and my brother-in-law Donnie so we will have plenty of room. We will be going right up I-85 if you would like to come along we can scoop you up.

I understand what you are saying about not knowing. That is why I want to go up there tomorrow to the carpet track as I wouldn't mind giving that a try as well. You only live once, might as well enjoy it right?
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2007, 00:07

TRD is near the Tractor Supply
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2007, 09:52

hlpressley wrote:
TRD Raceway & Hobbies

I can get you an address if you need it.

I am definately going to Salisbury to the carpet track tomorrow for sure. You are more than welcome to come along if you would like. It will be me and my brother-in-law Donnie so we will have plenty of room. We will be going right up I-85 if you would like to come along we can scoop you up.

I understand what you are saying about not knowing. That is why I want to go up there tomorrow to the carpet track as I wouldn't mind giving that a try as well. You only live once, might as well enjoy it right?

Well apparently my wife has other plans for me today. So I won't be able to go up and check it out. Give us a full report.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2007, 22:54

HAHA Brandon;

Same here, I was going to build my super this weekend and finish my 2.2, but my wife decided we need 30 less mature tree on the property and that the roots have to go too.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 00:06

well my wife had a last minute babysitting job. She had to watch her niece. A family member is in the hospital. But anyhow I got to get away after all today. I went and checked out a dirt oval track in Cherryville. And am now the new owner of a 1/8 scale nitro dirt late model. Funny how that happens. I guess it is the sickness we all share.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 00:11

that sounds cool, but I have no idea what that would look like.

Do you have a pic or link?
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 00:25

Here is a pic of one. http://www.dirtoval.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=37 It is basically an 1/8 scale buggy with a dirt late model body on it. Here is a link to the track. http://www.csraceway.com/
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 00:48

Dang I hear ya Brandon. I have been wanting to check that place out. When do they race again? Do they have any electrci classes? If so what do they run? Dirt oval has always seemed interesting. LMK when you go up there.

We went out to TRD today and with all do respects they can have the oval carpet racing. I am sure it is fun for some but after just 15 minutes I was ready to leave and head up to the indoor in Charlotte. Carpet racing just isn't for me. I like dirt.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 11:12

They race on Saturdays. Racing starts at 1:00pm. It is in a old horse barn. It is a pretty nice setup. I taked with the owner. They have some pretty big plans for the place. They are planning a hobby shop that will sell dirt oval related items.

There where some guys there yesterday running 4wd electric. Basically a touring car like a TC3 or TC4. Running brushless, 13.5 motor, and hard case Lipo battery. Top it off with a dirt late model body and you got an oval racer.

They are trying to get the electric classes rolling. But recently they have been more of a nitro track. I have my TC3 that I may convert over for dirt oval. But first I need to get my 1/8 scale car going.

I had heard some bad things about TRD. Can't say for sure since I have never been there. But it sounded like they had more than there fair share of BS. I did the carpet oval thing. But I wanted to try something new. The dirt oval thing is pretty cool. You should check it out sometime. I may go back next week. I need to pick up a body. I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 11:28

I have been on dirtoval.com for the last four waking hours. I have also watched a few vids on youtube. That looks like lots of fun. I guess I need to start looking for a TC4 or a TC3. I will definately be there next Saturday for sure. Thanks BrandO and I am glad you found your fix but you can have the gas. LOL No nitro for me. Too much wrenching.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 11:59

I talked with the guys that ran the electric cars yesterday. They normally race on Sunday in Easley at the Bullring. But since they where forcasting rain. They made the trip up to Cherryville to race. So it sounds like that electric class is poplular in Easley. So you might want to check that out. That isn't to far from you.

That is the nice thing about Cherryville. It is indoors so weather isn't a problem. The Bullring in Easley is an outdoor track.
Back to top Go down
hlpressley
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hlpressley

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007, 12:27

Yeah I have seen the one in Easley on their website. It looks really nice. You wanna sell that TC3? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/10 Offroad Track   1/10 Offroad Track - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/10 Offroad Track
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next