Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)

Go down 
+3
high_rock_dam_crawler
clodstall
renoirbud
7 posters
AuthorMessage
renoirbud
renoirbud

Male Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2007-01-04

New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Empty
PostSubject: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 16:38

I just put together a Ax-10.

It is so nice to have a complete kit and fit and finish is great.

Everything is there
- everything locked
- full bearings
- Oil shocks with coated shafts
etc...

A nice surprize was that they include thread lock and that the instructions are great.

I put the truck together stock and added RC4wd beadlocks with Moabs (I have not had time to put the axial tires and wheels together yet), a MG995 servo, a Mamba 25, a small BL and a U-BEC. I mounted a 11.1v Lipo on the servo.

This truck really works well. I am very surprized at how well. It goes up and over things that Dougs SW2 struggled with before we modified the link mounts.

The other very nice thing is the gear mesh everywhere. The truck is quiet and can be geared a tooth higher because it moves so freely.

This is not my truck, I built it for someone. I hope they will come to our comps.

Last edited by on Tue 01 Jan 2008, 16:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clodstall
Stone Crusher
Stone Crusher
clodstall

Male Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 19:24

sounds cool Rene. i have yet to see one run in person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
high_rock_dam_crawler

high_rock_dam_crawler

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 19:57

a friend of mine just bought one . i crawled with him on sunday the truck seems really nice.

https://servimg.com/view/11447434/14
Back to top Go down
Tacoma747

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 22:20

high_rock_dam_crawler wrote:
a friend of mine just bought one . i crawled with him on sunday the truck seems really nice.

https://servimg.com/view/11447434/14

I assume you are the "Jeff" that Bill (Fathands) talks about? I am in the process of building the cage in his 4-runner, you should come up w/ him sometime and bring the crawler, I have PLENTY to crawl on.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2007, 07:10

Two weaknesses have been found.

- shocks caps do not thread onto shock for enough, this is easily corrected by removing the o-ring seal from the top of shock
- Drive shafts pop off, I am going to try to correct this by lowering thge ride hight to make the drive line angles better and/or get some metal drive shafts
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2007, 13:18

The shock caps hold if you do not use the o-ring. The driveshafts still pop out all the time. I am working a fix for that. I will post pics a little later.

I have lowered the truck using internal springs and have limited the shock travel using plastic spacers on the shock shafts. The truck has much less bounce and sidehillls much better.

I do have the Rocklizards mounted and weighted on the Axial beadlocks and they are ok. I think the new compound of Mashers would do better on this truck because even with wheel weights its still very light.
Back to top Go down
high_rock_dam_crawler

high_rock_dam_crawler

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2007, 19:13

yes iam the jeff (bill talks about.) i need to get up there he was tellin me about ya place to crawl.

yes my buddys ax-10 had a few things goin wrong also like the driveshaft ball popping out and the link on top kept popping out also but other than a few things i seen the truck done well. but i agree the stock tires suck
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2007, 13:45

The driveshafts are as strong as plastic driveshafts are, there are a bunch of people on RCcrawler saying they are horrible, bla bla etc...

The reason that I got mine to pop is because I was running 11.1v and a small Outrunner.

As for the tires, I am really not that disappointed with them. They hook up well enough to pop the driveshafts, LOL. I did do some suspension tuning by adding internal springs to the shocks, which lowers the trucks CG, makes the driveline angles better and basically eliminates torque twist.

The kit is awsome, very complete and very very capable.

I built the truck for my Father-In-Law and it is his first crawler (second RC truck). Hopefully everyone gets to meet him soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2007, 14:29

Which springs did you use internal?
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2007, 16:30

That is top secret. LOL.

Mainly because I do not know. I have about 100 set of coils on my bench. I just put a set of firm 1" springs on left front, right rear and a soft set on right front, left rear.

Hey Mike

Are you the guy that ran with Doug and I at the Bull Hole? (AX-10 with MX-10 body)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2007, 19:52

Yeah I'm the guy. I'm waiting on a e-mail back to see what happen when I tried to login with Rockshow. I got tired of waiting and built a new uesr name.
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2007, 21:38

Hey Mike;

Are you going to join us for the Nov 11th event?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2007, 22:12

Yes, I will be there for 2.2 Comp. I hope to get my TLT rig here from CO in time to build a 1.9!

I haven't replied to the thread because I'm waiting to see if I get my username stuff fixed.
Back to top Go down
RC KING

RC KING

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2007, 04:05

You guys have a really neat website going on . I just put an ax10 together a couple weeks ago,good quality kit, but the instructions for the oring placement is not very clear. The oring should go INSIDE
THE SHOCK CAP,not on the shock. The tires grab the on body alot better than rocks. How much fender can a you cut out and still be legal?
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2007, 06:26

hey there

You can remove up to 30% of the body. But there is a min length and height, which you can find under the competition rules on rccrawler.com
Back to top Go down
RC KING

RC KING

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2007, 13:54

Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jan 2008, 16:55

Here are some updates to Senile-Hikers ride;

This morning it looked like this
New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) P9210007
New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) P9210008

Now it looks lile this
New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) P9210010
New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) P9210009
Back to top Go down
SStone

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 11:43

Looks like you put the lower links in the farthest out mounting hole. That will get rid of the driveshaft problem
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 21:34

Here is an update to this truck;

New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) PA040003

New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) PA040002

New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) PA040001
Back to top Go down
revin9k
revin9k

Male Number of posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 23:57

Have you tested it on the rocks yet? Can you show a pic of the rear axle? I want to see how you mounted all the eletronics. I want to do the same thing to ellen's ride to get the c.g down. Moving the body post should help a lot also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
renoirbud
renoirbud

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2008, 07:26

hey

I can not take a pic, I am already at the airport.

The rear plate is the front battery plate that I had made for my AX-10 but then changed the design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)   New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ax-10 (Senile-hiker's)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carolina Rock Runners :: BUILD THREADS-
Jump to: