Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayers needed BAD DAY

Go down 
+4
clodstall
gumby092778
EMUTT
maxboostbusa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

Male Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-01-02

Prayers needed  BAD DAY Empty
PostSubject: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 19:52

Well 2 wisdom teeth on opposite sides are thumping and to make my problem seem like nothing we received a phone call this morning saying that my Brother and Sister-in-law along with my 3 nieces and nephews were in an accident on there way back from Disney to Charlotte. Apparently somewhere just north of the Florida line at around 1 am some dumba$$ was sitting still on the interstate. I'm not sure on what happened exactly since at this time its all the intel I have but there minivan rolled. Father, Jennifer (4), Brian (12) and Johnathon (14) have only cuts scrapes and bruises. The Mother Angela is in ICU and so far has lost her right arm. My wife and her mother have headed down so I will know more info later. Please send prayers out to the family and Angela. Its going to be a long hard road and they will need all the help they can get. Thanks everyone.
Rick
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
EMUTT

EMUTT

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 19:57

Man i hate to hear that my families prayers go out to a safe recovery for you family.Hope everything turns out to the good.
Back to top Go down
gumby092778
gumby092778

Male Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 20:04

my thoughts are with you and your fam i hope all goes well
Back to top Go down
clodstall
Stone Crusher
Stone Crusher
clodstall

Male Number of posts : 1174

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 20:11

wow Rick. sorry to hear that.hope everything works out for the good. we will be thinking a praying for you and your family. keep us informed.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 20:47

Rick, That is really tough news. We will be thinking about you and your family. Think I will go give my girls another kiss before I go to bed. Stuff like this makes you think about what is truely important.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
clodstall
Stone Crusher
Stone Crusher
clodstall

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 20:48

BrandO wrote:
Rick, That is really tough news. We will be thinking about you and your family. Think I will go give my girls another kiss before I go to bed. Stuff like this makes you think about what is truely important.

you got that right Brandon.
Back to top Go down
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 21:24

You are right on about that Brandon. You never know what will happen now or tomorrow so start and end it like you may never get to again. thanks guys for everything so far. Just heard from my wife. Kids and Mark are doing OK. Angela is in and out being on Morphine but when she is awake she knows whats going on and is able to converse. The other car just suddenly hit the brakes and came to a complete stop before they hit them. Not sure on charges something was said about ruled as a single car accident because they couldnt read the liscense plate or something. Lost her arm after the side window broke and her arm went out of the window. Couldnt recover enough to reattach so for now it is gone to just above the elbow. Another surgery tomorrow to repair the skin and might possibly have to take it all the way to the shoulder. I'll keep you guys posted with news. Thanks again for everyones prayers.
Rick
Back to top Go down
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2007, 16:22

Thanks everyone. I just talked to my wife and the last surgery went good just cleaning up some. She is so far going to have the ability for a prosthetic and the plastic surgen will do another opporation on Thursday to finish up if everything goes well maybe released by the first of the week. I will be out of town for a day or so and will check back with updates if I can, if not I will when I get back. Thanks so much to everyone again.
Back to top Go down
clodstall
Stone Crusher
Stone Crusher
clodstall

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2007, 16:31

thats good to hear Rick. well you know what i mean. alot better than it could be. anyway be careful and keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
HaPtOAD
El Presidente
El Presidente
HaPtOAD

Male Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2007, 18:01

Sorry to hear about that. I'm glad that there some improvement. My prayers go to you and your family. My dad had something like that happen to a couple years ago, but he was in a 26 wheeler with about 80 TONS behind him. He didn't sleep well for a couple months, he had to therapy for a while. What happened to the people in the other car?
Back to top Go down
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2007, 19:25

everything has came out good so far. they found that her right collar bone is also broken and are going to xray her foot since its hurting some. another surgery is scheduled for saturday and then they are talking about putting her in an ambulance and transfering her to Charlotte so she can be at a hospital closer to home following the surgery. Thanks for everything so far it means alot to me and my family.
Back to top Go down
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2007, 21:19

Sounds like she is going to have a tough recovery. But I have to think, it could have been a lot worse. After all everyone is still alive. I guess your family can take solice in that. Good to hear that things are going well.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
Tacoma747

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2007, 22:59

Don't know you, but my dad had a motorcycle wreck last year (aug 14th), was in the hospital for 5 weeks, and just went back to work a couple months ago.

It will be a tough road, but they will make it. Good luck with your teeth, I've gone through that as well, but I kind of doubt you are very worried about that...

I'll keep you/them in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2007, 19:25

Just got back from having 1 tooth pulled and 1 cut out a 2 hour affair. Talked to the wife news is good from the hospital. Surgery went great today. Does have a broke colar bone. Talking about sending her on an ambulance ride from down there to Charlotte so she will be closer to home when released. She got to eat Wendys food the other night by request so it sounds like she is in pretty good spirits. Has taken a walk and done some sitting up. Thanks again everyone
Back to top Go down
clodstall
Stone Crusher
Stone Crusher
clodstall

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2007, 22:39

thats great to hear Rick.
Back to top Go down
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2007, 23:41

This is Ricky's wife. Just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers. They have really helped. She is recovering remarkably well. She has had 2 surgeries so far and this last one they say the wound looks really good and it does not look like they will have to take any more bone, muscle or tissue which puts her in REALLY good shape for a prostesis once she gets to that point. As of tonight she will only need 1 more what I would call MAJOR surgeries to get her on her way to being back to "normal". Also, it looks as if they are transferring her tomorrow morning. She still has a long way to go and still needs prayers for her continued healing, physically and emotionally. She is in really good spirits considering all that has happened except she really wants to get back to Charlotte so she can see the kids. That's probably one of the main things that is holding her back from doing even better. Again thanks for all the prayers and support.
Back to top Go down
clodstall
Stone Crusher
Stone Crusher
clodstall

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2007, 08:39

hello Mrs Holder. glad to see everything is coming along well with her. you guys will continue to be thought about and in our prayers.just please continue to keep us updated.

Tony..
Back to top Go down
lowridinjuggalo
lowridinjuggalo

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 03:09

i know that this is kinda a old post a few mounths... i just jioned last mounth so havent got threw everything yet... i hope everything is alot better by now... will keep you all in my prayers.... marcus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed BAD DAY   Prayers needed  BAD DAY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers needed BAD DAY
Page 1 of 1