Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

Male Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-01-02

Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels Empty
PostSubject: Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels   Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jan 2007, 23:49

After some heated discussion between me, a moab, and a rc4wd narrow beadlock I came up with the following.
Put the tires in the freezer for 30 minutes or so. Get one tire out and put it on the wheel, then another, and so forth.
The purpose of this I found is it slightly shrinks the tire and makes it quite a bit stiffer. Works pretty good for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
BrandO
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-01-03

Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels   Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2007, 09:17

Harold had the same trouble with one of his. Put in the freezer for 2-3 days. Still didn't do the trick.

He had it over at my house. I took a shot at it but couldn't get it on. So Randy tried. What he did is take the foam out of the tire completly. Finally got the stuborn bead on the wheel. Then put the foam in from the other side. The foam was expanding the tire just enough.

The way Proline is packaging there tires is the problem. They shove the foam in there. Sometimes it isn't set inside the tire right. So this stretches out the tire.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com

Help installing soft tires (moabs) on beadlock wheels
Page 1 of 1