Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

scared

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gasshead

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-01-09

scared Empty
PostSubject: scared   scared Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2007, 13:53

ok guys i built my axles by the book, i have only ran 10 ta 15 times, now when i go from foward to reverse i have a weird popping noise can really figure out where its comming from, sounds like the axles. what should i do im sacred to drive...
Back to top Go down
renoirbud
renoirbud

Male Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2007-01-04

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2007, 18:32

where are you located?
Back to top Go down
nicksnitro_28
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
nicksnitro_28

Male Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-01-07

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2007, 19:33

saounds like you might hav broken your diff that popping is a peace of the gear in the axles take it apart and look
Back to top Go down
hvydty1
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hvydty1

Male Number of posts : 220
Occupation : Map man, short order chef, underpaid traveler, cereal killer

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2007, 20:50

Several things first here. Did you use locktite on the screws that hold the diff together? If not, they may have backed out and are letting the innards flex/unbind. Second, did you use the gear lock method of moving one gear between the others? Or did you use epoxy? If the gear method, you may have not gotten the wedge gear settled in good, and when you bolted it together, it may have actually left a gap in the case halves that is letting the innards move(rotate) and pop. Third, are your axle cases bolted firmly together? If not, it may be letting your ring and pinion gears unmesh and pop. Reason I mention these is I have done/seen them happen. Worst to worst, the ring gear or pinion is missing a tooth/teeth.

Try to disconnect the driveshafts and rotate the axles and see if the noise is coming from them, if not, turn the truck on with the driveshafts disconnected from the trans. and go from forward to reverse and see if the noise is coming from it. If so, you probably stripped the idler gear in the tranny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com/
gasshead

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2007, 21:04

i used locktight on all screws going into metal. I pulled them apart and checked them, there a little worn. i did use the gear method, but i jammed them inbetween the other gears in such a way they would not do what you decribed. my case halves are tight, maby to tight.

I re lubed the gears and bushings...ran great limited popping...until i tried to crawl over a sand pile...and the rear diff just died (think nuts and bolts in a blender)...havent checked it ye, but fot some od reason i have power in reverse but not in frward...wtf?
Back to top Go down
hvydty1
Rock Raider
Rock Raider
hvydty1

Male Number of posts : 220
Occupation : Map man, short order chef, underpaid traveler, cereal killer

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2007, 23:05

Question about your esc, what kind is it? when you had it running right, did it seem to run faster in reverse than in forward? If it did, it was most likely wired backwards. You might have overloaded it and burnt out reverse, which was being used as forward. ESC's are sensitive and quirky beasts.

As for the rearend, that just out and out sucks. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com/
gasshead

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2007, 14:15

i have a novak super rooster, its faster going fowards rather than reverse...bit more speed than my buddys truck with the same stuff i have except the spedo...i just wish i hadnt done this so quick, cause today would be great for mudding, the front yard has 6 inch puddles....
Back to top Go down
runnrun

runnrun

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-04

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2008, 14:51

i would not go throw any mud puddles because my axial got scrowed when i whent mudding i had to buy a motor a new esc and more crap it sucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared   scared Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scared
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carolina Rock Runners :: TLT Section-
Jump to: