Carolina Rock Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Rock Runners

RC Rock Crawling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

Male Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-01-02

Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices. Empty
PostSubject: Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices.   Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices. Icon_minitimeSat 10 Feb 2007, 22:21

I got some prices on the Harris Safety Silv solder and flux. It is 45% which is made for joint steel and other mismatched metals ie. copper to steel. A little stronger than the 56% and flows the same. Here are the prices I get at the supply house. If anybody has a hard time getting it then we can work something out and I'll get it for you. Unfortunately the supply house only sells to business'.
Heres the break down.
1 Troy Ounce 15.02
3 Troy Ounce 43.68
5 Troy Ounce 72.02
Harris Paste flux for Silv Solder 5.00
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices.   Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices. Icon_minitimeSat 10 Feb 2007, 23:47

Brando made this helpfull comment on RCC about this so I included it here as-well.
Quote from Brando on RCC:
"I have found the 45 doesn't flow as nice as the 56. I have tried both a bunch. The 56 flows good and is easier to work with than the 45. Just my experience. I get mine from Linde gas in Charlotte. Those prices look pretty close to what I have got it for."

From what I have used both: on the 45 takes more of a feel to get the correct temp to get it to flow good. A little more heat than the 56. This may be just because I have used about 25 ounces of 45 and 5 of 56 so who knows. I only use the 56 to join stainless to stainless. I use alot of 15 at work hard silvering copper refridgeration lines which is a lot tougher cause it doesent flow at all and you have to use an oxy/acet. torch just to melt it. So maybe that has something to do with me thinking its easy. I have a real tough time local around Winston and Greensboro finding the 56 most of the welding shops dont carry it anymore except Linde gas in G-boro. They carry the 56 fluxed rods though, and I really dont like them. Anywhos anybody else have any comments on usability post up so the newbies can get a feel for what they are looking at before making the tuber plunge. Thanks for the feedback Brando.

Forgot to add that those prices fluctuate(sp) depending on the current price of silver also.
BrandO

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices.   Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices. Icon_minitimeSun 11 Feb 2007, 19:56

The 45 does need more heat than the 56. I find that it is to much heat for the flux. May be why I find 45 not to flow as nice. I guess it also dpends on what kind of torch setup you are using.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
maxboostbusa
Pebble Pounder
Pebble Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices.   Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices. Icon_minitimeSun 11 Feb 2007, 21:15

Which flux are you using Brando Harris offers to for brazing they are both whitish paste flux's ? One does seem to sort of burn in when its real hot and makes for some nasty cleanup. I cant think of the numbers on mine I'll try to look when I get back in town and post a pic of the torch I use also. Its just a mapp gas torch but its a commerical ( I think they use that phrase to justify the price) but works great on tubers and copper up to 2". Then I get the one out with 2 heads that will freeze a mapp bottle in about 5 minutes. Looks like an afterburner on a Hornet though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolinarockrunners.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices.   Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harris Safety Silv solder and flux prices.
Page 1 of 1